Forem Implementation Guide
We're in the middle of some fast-moving changes to the Forem Admin experience, so we've paused documentation updates for the time being. You may find that the docs are now outdated in parts. If you have any questions, please visit forem.dev to request additional support. We thank you for your patience and hope you're liking the changes!
This implementation guide is meant to outline a clear path to success for Forem Creators.
We've broken this guide down into 3 stages — Ready, Set, & Grow. As you progress through the checklist for each stage, you'll complete the set up process for your Forem, learn the various features available to you and your community, and eventually begin growing your Forem community.
#Ready (Stage 1)
- Register First User
- Follow Forem Setup Checklist
- Get Started Checklist (Set community name, description, suggested tags, suggested users)
- Create a Welcome Thread
- Update and customize your Forem tags
- Create Pages and Sort Them in the Nav Sidebar
- Set your Forem's access level and invite people to join your community
Need help provisioning your Forem? Schedule a 1:1 call with the Community Success Team.
- For Cloud Partners, we have most likely already registered the first user and completed the Forem Setup Checklist on your behalf. Still, feel free to schedule a call with us using Calendly here if you'd like us to walk you through any of these details.
- Self-hosted creators may schedule a call with us using Calendly here
#Set (Stage 2)
- Learn the platform basics
- Explore advanced features
#Grow (Stage 3)
- Add your Forem to Forem Discover
- View other Forems to get a sense of what the successful communities are doing
- Learn about moderation tooling:
- Participate in the community on forem.dev
- Stay up to date on the latest changes by following #changelog
- Make feature requests using this template in #features
- Make connections and lean on other community members for help